Background Information: The Hill Dickinson Foundation is a fund administered and managed by the Community Foundation for Merseyside. Hill Dickinson is an international law firm which has been headquartered in Liverpool for over 200 years.
The Hill Dickinson Foundation aims to make a positive contribution to the communities in which the firm operates by supporting local grassroots organisations and projects.
Applicants should ensure they demonstrate how their proposed project meets the Hill Dickinson Foundation priorities below and beneficiaries should be from the Manchester area.
Fund priorities: Homelessness, mental health and employability (access to work). As these support the objectives of our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy.
In the Covid world that we are living in we are looking to support projects that:
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
How much is available: The maximum amount you can apply for is £2,500. The total budget available is £10,000
Which areas are covered: Manchester including Greater Manchester
Any special criteria: The programme is aimed at small grassroots groups with an income level of under £200,000.
The closing date is 17 December 2020 but due to a limited budget, the fund may close earlier when sufficient applications are received.
Documents which need to be included with your application:
1. A copy of the group’s rules or constitution
2. A copy of the group’s latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
3. A list of your current Trustees/Directors/Management Committee
4. A copy of a recent bank statement for your group
5. A copy of the group’s current Safeguarding Policy. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as Criminal Records Bureau checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help (details below)
NB: If you have received a grant from us in the last 12 months and have already submitted copies of the above documents, you do not need to send them in again. However, a bank statement is required with every application.
The following items cannot be supported via the fund:
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available.
You should expect to hear the outcome of your application within 6 weeks of the closing date.