Background Information: The Rossendale Community Fund has been created by Rossendale Borough Council in partnership with the Community Foundation for Lancashire to offer grants to support projects that help families and children & young people engage in community activities and learning.
What is the focus of the fund: Applications should enable families and young people up to the age of 25 to flourish, learn and develop skills or knowledge. This includes education, training, sports development, arts and culture activities and also play provision for younger children. Please note that revenue projects and those working directly with beneficiaries are a priority rather than one off capital purchases or refurbishment costs. The panel will also consider projects that are addressing the impact of the COVID pandemic, provided they meet the broad focus of the fund.
Who can apply: Registered charities, social enterprises and constituted community groups. Applicants must have a physical base and track record of delivery within Rossendale. National organisations who do not have a branch in the borough are not eligible.
How much is available: Grants of up to £750
Which areas are covered: Rossendale
How to apply:
Go to www.lancsfoundation.org.uk to complete an online application using the Rossendale Community Fund form. Once you have submitted the online application you will need to submit all the documents listed below. If you do not submit all the relevant documents within 7 days your application will be withdrawn. Supporting documents can now be attached to your online application or you can email the supporting documents to us at email@example.com or they can be posted to the address below, quoting your reference number.
The next closing date is Friday 26 February 2021 (5pm) and applicants should expect to hear the outcome of their application by the end of March.
If you require any further support in completing your application please do not hesitate to contact your local Council for Voluntary Service (CVS), details of which can be found on our website www.lancsfoundation.org.uk
Documents which need to be included with your application
1. A copy of your governing document
2. A copy of your latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
3. A list of your current Trustees/Directors/Management Committee
4. A copy of a recent bank statement for your group
5. A copy of the group’s current Safeguarding Policy. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as Criminal Records Bureau checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help (details below)