Please read the Essenital Information before applying.
Background Information: The BIBAs Foundation, managed by the Community Foundation for Lancashire has been created to develop an enterprising culture in the youth of Lancashire. The fund is made up of business and personal donations, prize draw money and net surplus from the Be Inspired Business Awards (BIBAs) which is owned and delivered by the North and Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce (NWLCC).
What is the focus of the fund: Projects should enable young people aged 16-24 to flourish, learn and develop skills or knowledge- particularly to encourage enterprise; continue or expand their work experience; build their capacity for the future. Projects that improve confidence levels which can help towards future employment and enterprise prospects can be considered also.
Who can apply:
1) Charities, social enterprises and community groups who are supporting young people aged 16-24
2) Young people aged 16-24 can apply directly themselves (Please see grants for individuals section on the website for the application form)
How much is available:
Community groups can apply for up to £5000 and individuals can apply for up to £2,000
Which areas are covered: Lancashire wide
Deadline: The next closing date is Friday 1st November 2019 at 4pm.
Examples of Eligible Grant Items:
- Developing skills and confidence through structured training and development programmes e.g. courses, workshops and classes
- Acquiring qualifications
- Educational visits
- Business start up costs
Examples of Grant exclusions:
- Vehicles or vehicle insurance
- Debt repayment
- Religion or politics related activity
- Retrospective activity
- Annual salary costs (however, sessional based costs can be considered)
This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive- if you are unsure if elements of your project may be excluded please contact the Community Foundation for Lancashire. Remember to allow yourself adequate time to prepare an application. Community Group applicants must provide a copy of their governing document, latest annual accounts, a recent bank statement and their safeguarding policy. Individual applicants should provide ID and proof of address.